Ok if you’re like me… You probably wonder why you have issues losing or controlling your weight. Despite efforts at the gym… Good health is more than just cardio & weights, it’s a lifestyle change that needs to be hit on various fronts!
This is because your body has to fight more than calories, saturated fats & complex carbs; you also have to fend off toxins.
What are these toxins I’m talking about?
Your body is filled with cancer causing toxins that must be removed. These cancer causing devils can come …from food/beverages we take in as well as the environment down to chemicals that are used to clean our homes and manufacture our food. Shit they are even in the air we breathe Even less tangible factors such as stress can be a detriment to us.
Here are some symptoms that may indicate you could be suffering from an overload of toxins! If that’s the case…then it’s time to detox!
1. Craving sugar or binge eating/drinking. Ok I’m not saying you can’t have a cheat-treat every now & again…hell I love my chocolate! But if you find yourself relying on sugary snacks all the time or just to get through the day, your body is not producing energy the way it should. You can boost your metabolism by cleaning out the liver.
2. Bloating with gas or fluid retention. If you find yourself having to loosen your jeans all the time, unhealthy bacteria could be the culprit… That mess causes the gas to flux & thrive in a toxic body. If you’re retaining water, it’s because your organs in your body are trying to kick out all of the crap inside! It does it’s due diligence to dilute toxins in an effort to make their effects less harmful.
3. Fatigue, low energy & difficulty concentrating. If you find yourself always in Starbucks paying for over priced lattes & not because the cashier working the coffee-machine-thingy is hot 😉… Then chances are toxins are weighing your body down…LITERALLY! Coffee, sodas, & energy drinks can actually add to your body’s toxicity! Your ass needs to clear out all that shit out of your body (no pun intended). The most invigorating drink you can give yourself is WATER.
4. Mood swings & anxiety. If you’re being a complete bitch & flying off the handle for no reason, chances it could be more than PMS! Serotonin, the feel-good neurotransmitter, is made in our stomach. So when our bodies are toxic, serotonin production often decreases, allowing other parasitic toxins such as ammonia to take over. This can cause anxiety & even depression.
5. Migraines. If you’re constantly suffering from migraines & headaches… It could be that toxins, parasites & even jacked up alkaline levels irritating the central nervous system. Stress overload can cause insulin & blood pressure spikes, which can be correlated to toxic build up.
Despite us “feeling” like we are individually different, each human is pretty much the same. We were designed with a purpose, meaning our internal workings respond to all things in a very specific way. Despite us acting stupid on impulses, instinctively we are very smart. Our bodies do their best to process toxins through our liver, kidneys, lungs, & skin. But with the overwhelming amount of toxins in the world, it can put your organs into serious OT! Making healthy choices will not only take stress off of our digestive, circulatory, and lymphatic systems, but will aid in removing this toxic build up.
Here are some tips to help us all get rid of toxins.
1. EAT Whole, Nutrient-Dense Foods at least 80% of the time. It’s ok to indulge sometimes & have those cheat-treats but not everyday. Put down that donut & grab a damn apple!
2. SWEAT at the gym or home. Get moving with more exercise. I can never stress how important working out is. It is the perfect date to good eating. Also sweating at the sauna is excellent for releasing toxins too.
3. DRINK Organic Raw Green Juice Or Smoothies Everyday. They not only push toxins out of your fat stores, but to provide an abundance of enzymes, vitamins, minerals & phytochemicals. And not to be cheap here but I recommend making your own. Those bottled brands are cool on the go & the smoothie trucks are ok. But hidden within those supposedly healthy options are an insane amount of sugar & even corn syrup.
4. START Your Day With Water & Lemon. Instead of coffee, lemon water can keep your body alkaline, loosen toxins in the digestive track, stimulate the liver and boost the immune system. Besides water is the best beverage you can put inside of you. If you feat damage to the enamel of your teeth, then the plain stuff will do. Water, although it sounds counterproductive, actually aides in fluid retention & bloating by helping your body flush the toxins that cause it the 1st place.
5. MEDITATE during some quiet time. This is probably one of the least talked about detox functions. Whether it’s prayer, time alone in a quiet spa or even a quiet chat with a therapist. Removing stress by a detox to your spirit/chi releases all those bad vibes by calming your soul & realigning your cognitive thinking. Trust me, it’ll help alleviate cardiovascular, sexual, mental & gastrointestinal issues. If we would recharge our bodies like we do our phone batteries, we would be A-ok!
Well I am off to take my own advice & get my mind right again. 😜😄.
If you would like to get help putting together a raw food detox food plan, check out The Best of Raw Foods
. They have an orgy of useful tools to get you started on eating right. No matter if you’re changing your diet permanently or doing a weekly/monthly detox.
Until next time kiddies,
Follow the Drunken Insomniac Writer on Twitter: Nsomniac_Writer
Follow the Drunken Insomniac Writer on Instagram: Insomniac_Writer